- What is a SwatchPAY! Watch?
A SwatchPAY! Watch is a Swatch you can pay with! The watch uses a virtual card, linked to a real payment card.
- Where is it available ?
SwatchPAY! is now available in China, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Russia, Germany, Austria and the United Arab Emirates
- What is the price of the SwatchPAY! Watch?
Please visit the website www.swatch.com for more information
- How big is it?
The SwatchPAY! is available in the following sizes :
- New Gent 41 mm
- Big Bold 47 mm
- Can I get it online?
Yes, the watch is available online. The connection process of the SwatchPAY! needs to be done in-store. Please visit www.swatch.com for more information.
- Is there a payment limit?
Contactless payment limits:
Switzerland: 80 CHF
Netherlands, Germany, Austria: 50 Euros
Russia: 1000 rubles
UAE : 500 AED
- What if I go over the payment limit?
All you have to do is introduce your card’s pin code.
- How does Swatch create this virtual card?
Swatch uses a process called tokenization to create a virtual card linked to the watch.
- What are the benefits of SwatchPAY!?
SwatchPAY! is a fast payment system, doesn’t need batteries to work and is water-resistant. It’s easy to link a card to your watch and you can have more than one watch in your account, making it easy to organize your expenses.
- Which cards can I link to my SwatchPAY!?
You can link different types of payment cards to your SwatchPAY! Watches. For detailed information, visit our website www.swatch.com or download the SwatchPAY! App to test your card’s eligibility.
- How long does it take to link the card to my SwatchPAY!?
The whole process take between 5 to 8 minutes, as long as there is a fast internet connection.
- Where can I activate my SwatchPAY!?
To link your payment card to your SwatchPAY! Watch you need to go to one of the selected Swatch stores and use an available SwatchPAY! Box. Visit www.swatch.com to find out more about the selected stores.
- How many cards can I link to each watch?
At the moment, only one card can be linked to each SwatchPAY! Watch.
- Can I have more than one watch linked to a single card?
Yes, you can link the same payment card to several watches.
- Can I activate my SwatchPAY! Watch without internet connection?
Unfortunately, to create your account and link your payment card you need a stable internet connection.
- Is there any activation cost or fee from Swatch?
All you have to do is get the watch, the rest is fast, easy and for free.
- How can I download the app?
You just need to search for the App “SwatchPAY!
App by wearonize” in Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
If you’re in-store doing the activation of the watch, you have the QR code 1 on the SwatchPAY! Box to
download the app.
The app is free of charge.
- In which languages is the app currently available?
SwatchPAY! App is currently available in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Spanish and Arabic
- Can I insert my data after leaving the Swatch store?
All the mandatory data needs to be entered while in-store, with the watch on the SwatchPAY! Box. Only the card validation can be done afterwards.
- How can I delete my SwatchPAY! data?
With the app you can remove the link with your payment card but some non-sensitive data will still be stored on the watch. To completely remove it, please visit a Swatch store before.
- How can I confirm that my payment card is no longer linked to the watch?
After cancellation, the SwatchPAY! App will show that the virtual payment card is suspended or has been removed.
If you visit a selected Swatch store to restore factory settings before cancelling the payment card on the app, the only visible element will be the token and you can remove it with the “Remove Card” button.
- What is wearonize?
wearonize is a Fintech company that brings your
payment card into your watch or any passive wearable device, transforming the way you pay, making it a smart, secure, and convenient process. For more
information, visit www.wearonize.com
- Why did we partner up with wearonize?
We partnered up with wearonize to bring more flexibility, payment card options and enhance the overall customer experience.
- What is the SwatchPAY! Box?
The SwatchPAY! Box is the secure link that connects your SwatchPAY! Watch with your mobile device and uploads the virtual card.
It’s a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and NFC (Near Field Communication) reader.
- What devices can I use with the SwatchPAY! Box?
Mobile devices running Android 5.0 or iOS 10 and above.
- Is the SwatchPAY! Box really safe to use?
All data received by the SwatchPAY! Box is from the payment network TSP and encrypted. With a standard BLE encryption to protect all communication with your mobile device, you can feel safe to use the SwatchPAY! Box. Swatch cannot read nor use your data.
- Can I connect two watches to the SwatchPAY! Box at the same time?
On the SwatchPAY! Box only one device can be connected at a time.
- Is SwatchPAY! compliant with the GDPR?
Yes, it is GDPR-compliant.
- What is a “Secure Element”?
A Secure Element is a tamper-resistant chip capable of securing confidential and cryptographic data such as payment card data, in accordance with the regulations and security requirements set forth by a set of trusted authorities.
- What does EMVCo stand for?
EMVCo is the international body that currently manages standards relating to EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) payment technology. It is a consortium with control split equally among Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, China UnionPay and Discover.
- Does SwatchPAY! use Secure Elements with EMVCo certification?
Yes, SwatchPAY! Watches contain chips that are
- What should I do in case I lose my watch or someone steals it?
The first thing you should do is suspend your virtual card within the SwatchPAY! App by wearonize. Go to “My SwatchPAY!”, select your card and click on the suspend button.
If you prefer, you can also delete your virtual card and token.
Once the virtual card is suspended or deleted through the app, the watch can no longer be used to pay. If you lose your physical payment card, you should immediately call the issuing bank to block the card.
- In case the thief makes any purchases, am I covered by my payment card’s insurance?
This depends on your contract with the card issuer and the legal framework in the respective country. In most countries, there are laws limiting consumer liability for payment card fraud to a certain value (please contact your bank for more details).
- Something is wrong with my watch, can I send it for repair?
To repair your watch, please head to a Swatch store.
Before our specialists try to fix your watch, you must suspend or remove the payment function. You will have to sign a document (provided by the store), that confirms that you’ve suspended the virtual payment card before it goes in for repair.
- What is the tokenization process and is it safe to do it online?
The process of creating a virtual card inside your SwatchPAY! Watch is called tokenization. And, provided that the correct process is followed by the customer, the tokenization process is approved by both Mastercard and Visa.
- Is my payment card data protected while creating the virtual card?
Your payment card data is encrypted and only transmitted to Mastercard and Visa.
- Will anyone have access to my SwatchPAY! Watch after I tokenize my watch?
At Swatch, we take privacy and security very seriously. The watch will only be fully functional upon verification and activation by the customer that ordered it.
- How can I return a watch that I bought online?
You can always return your watch at a Swatch Store. If you'd like to check our online return options, please contact our customer service.
- Can I return a tokenized watch?
Yes. We'll delete the encrypted information within the SwatchPAY! Watch after your written approval. Please, contact our customer service before returning the product.
- Can I use the Click and Collect express service with a tokenized SwatchPAY! Watch?
No. For security reasons, the tokenization process will take longer than the 2h express delivery service you'd like to request. The best solution is to make the standard order online and tokenize the watch within the process.
- Can I gift a tokenized watch?
You can, but bear in mind that during the tokenization process, you'll have to insert the payment card information.
- Can I purchase more than one watch at a time?
Yes, there is no limitation.
- How many virtual cards can I have in my watch?
Each watch can only have one associated virtual card.